8 Simple SEO Tips to Improve Your Website in 2017
Most common phrase we heard thousand times for successful seo is ‘Content is King’. For ranking high in Google the content must be of good quality and is of original one i.e. not copied from any other web pages. Copying the other webpage content to our website will be penalized by Google. Good quality unique content is what users came to search for and it will help in increasing search result position in search engine.
The next major seo on-page factor is Title tag. Highly optimized title tag will enhance your websites usability and conversions. One good practice to optimizing title tag is to enter the keyword at the beginning of the title tag. The optimal length of title tag for Google is 50-60 characters (including space). Google will truncate the title that exceeds length 60.
Proper heading tags
The other important seo factor is header tags. They tell the search engines what your webpage is all about. Heading tags are used to differentiate heading of a page from its content. The heading tags are in the order h1 to h6. The most important heading tag is h1 and the least important is h6.
Points to keep in mind for good header tag are:
- Don’t use more than one h1 tag on a single webpage.
- H1 tag should contain the most important keyword for that webpage.
- Don’t stuff the heading tags with keywords.
Google announced in September 2009 that Meta description is not now a ranking factor. Now the main purpose of the Meta description is to get the visitor to click on your link. That is Meta descriptions are for generating click through rates from the search engines.
Some good Meta description practices are:
- The length should be around 130-155 characters, because Google cut off Meta description after a certain width.
- The description should match the Webpage content, otherwise Google will penalize the sites which use tricky Meta description to increase click through rate.
- Meta description should be unique for each pages of the website.
- Description should contains keywords, as the Google found the match in meta description and search keyword and it will help in improving search position.
Now more and more users are accessing internet via their smart phones and tablets. So it’s very important to have a website optimized for mobiles and tablet.
Some advantages of using responsive website are:
- Increase in user experience – No one wants to browse a desktop website using their Smartphone if it’s not responsive. Different research on responsive website shows that it improves user satisfaction, more user experience and positive impression towards your website.
- Portability - Users can access your website from anywhere in the world using mobile devices. This will make your website more accessible by users.
- Faster download – By optimizing your website for mobile, the download speed will increase and the browsing time of your website will reduce.
If you have a company that focus on a particular area, then local seo is important.
Some local seo tips are:
- Local keyword optimization
- Register in good quality local business directories
- Increase the social media presence
- Use the advantage of voice search
Keyword density is the percentage of number of times the particular keyword appears on a webpage in comparison with the total number of words on that webpage. There is no ideal or exact percentage of keywords to rank well. Earlier most of the online businesses use keywords to trick the search engines for rank top on search result page. But now quality of site and site authority matters more than keyword density.